This department was established in 2013 within Ukrainian Center for Parapsychological Research in order to provide the most detail study of mind paranormal phenomena by means of modern scientific methodology. The main directions of department activity are:
• thorough assistance in performance of scientific parapsychological researches;
• popularization of modern achievements of world leading parapshychological researchers by means of educational events performance, creation of awareness-rising materials and writing of semi-popular articles;
• performance of scientific and practical parapsychological events – seminars, meetings, conferences, symposiums, workshops etc;
• practical implementation of new parapsychological projects, including technical solutions that can influence extraordinary human abilities.
Three research laboratories function within the Department of Scientific Parapsychology. Each of them performs thorough study of one of the three groups of phenomena composing parapsychological object field:
1. Laboratory of extrasensory perception study – in-depth investigation of super-sensitivity phenomenon, including study of such phenomena as clairvoyance, precognition, retrocognition, empathy etc.
2. Laboratory of mind-matter interactions study – performance of researches in the field of direct interaction between mind and biological/physical systems.
3. Laboratory of survival (life after death) study – comprehensive study of out-of-body experiences, cases of reincarnation type, apparitions, near-death experiences etc.
Department adheres to interdisciplinary approach to parapsychological research, involving biological, psychological, computer-aided and other methods.
At present, active growth of contacts network and integration of department into international net of research organizations performing studies of paranormal mind phenomena has been initiated. Primary collaboration with The Parapsychological Association and International Association for Near-Death Studies was established recently.